Murphy Diesel

GEN1dawg91

Hello I stumbled opon murphy diesel engines while looking at some old draglines and was wondering if anyone knew more about them I found a website but it didnt give alot of info on them

heres the website murphydiesel.com

A very good (Irish diesel) North West used em in a lot of there crane's. They were a low RPM engine 900 to maybe 1000? We had them at Colonial S&S, they started in the winter (comp. release) no matter how cold and they ran for ever! Gerhard's in Lititz PA I think could help you with more info on these motors

BULLHUSK

thanks bullhusk my grandfather ran a little of all brands of draglines and with many engines while he was around (may he R.I.P.), and he owned some koehrings at one time with cummins engines i think Ill try t oget in touch with those people for some more info thanks again though bullhusk

There is a Murphy Diesel specialty shop in Florida I sold 2 ME engines to them a few years ago that powered irrigation pumps. Paul

http://www.murphydiesel.com/index.html

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE