Dana/Spicer overdrive question

1951 Mack LJ

I am working on my other truck which is a 1958 Pete. The main box is a Spicer 8051 and the Aux box is a Spicer 8341C. When I was looking up the ratios for both of these the main had a 0.67 od and the aux has a 0.84 od. So don't you just multiply the two numbers together to get the combined ratio which comes out to 0.56 I have still to look for the axle ratio but thought 0.56 double over seemed like a lot. What is your thoughts?

The overdrive gear in my T2070 was .60 : 1.With 5.55 rears, 2100 rpms,11R22.5 rubber,I still topped out at 72mph. I believe the double-over quads were real close to that (.60+or-).Not impossible,for sure! Al

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

I am working on my other truck which is a 1958 Pete. The main box is a Spicer 8051 and the Aux box is a Spicer 8341C. When I was looking up the ratios for both of these the main had a 0.67 od and the aux has a 0.84 od. So don't you just multiply the two numbers together to get the combined ratio which comes out to 0.56 I have still to look for the axle ratio but thought 0.56 double over seemed like a lot. What is your thoughts?

Yes. You multiply the ratios to get the final ratio.