A 3 Part Question...or Just 3 Questions..

Truck#1

My engine oil runs almost 200 degrees. Its a 98 CH w/ 427. I do local semi-dump work and today it was about 55 degrees. is that normal??

My 2nd question is this.....my fuel tank is hot. The fuel tank was almost too hot to touch today. I know the return line was pretty hot today too. Why is the fuel so hot?? I didn't put any fuel in so it wasn't fuel from the gas station.

Third and final question......My system malfunction light would come on, the engine would idle higher about 800-900 rpm, the light would go off and the idle would kick back down.

Any quick diagnosis? Bad sensor somewhere??

Thanks for all your help guys.

Rob W.

My engine oil runs almost 200 degrees. Its a 98 CH w/ 427. I do local semi-dump work and today it was about 55 degrees. is that normal??

My 2nd question is this.....my fuel tank is hot. The fuel tank was almost too hot to touch today. I know the return line was pretty hot today too. Why is the fuel so hot?? I didn't put any fuel in so it wasn't fuel from the gas station.

Third and final question......My system malfunction light would come on, the engine would idle higher about 800-900 rpm, the light would go off and the idle would kick back down.

Any quick diagnosis? Bad sensor somewhere??

Thanks for all your help guys.

Rob W.

The 200 degree temp on the oil is ok because it will be 15 to 20 degress above your coolant temp and the hot fuel in the tank is normal because you have so much fuel that returns form the fuel system to the tank that at the end of the day it will fill hot and you cant tell by your hand if it is 110 degress 0r 160 degress because both feel hot to your hand and the ecm compensates for hot fuel to keep the horse power the same. you need to get some one to read the codes for the chech engine light and the you can trouble shoot the problem form there . glenn

glenn akers