Sorry Its a Ford

currinmarco

You guys were Hella helpfull on the Mack door and everything else and DEAD on but now Hes got this damn Ford Dump that is a total BBBBYYYYYoooootch to start. We'er talking ether and kicking it over for 20-30 sec periods to finally get it to start and you gotta let the starter cool down after that kind of heat up period. It lugs over like Once every 1 sec then sometimes might get 3 roll overs in a row then back to the once a sec with 2-3 secs inbetween. So it takes like 3hrs to get the damn thing started and once started it idles fine????? what gives? I rebuilt the starter and made sure nothing is shorting in it and its working properly with another truck in Lue to start or his NASCAR quick starter and charger set up on it the damn thing is still being a real B so I don't know what the heck to do. He said maybe it has too much oil in it, gotta keep the situation light ya know. Would appretiate any advice guys and yes I know get rid of it, but thats not an option. I owe the guy so I gotta help him get the darn thing started or at least find some one willing to steal it so he can collect the insurance Oops ment to say about a 75 straight 6 desil Im seriouse guys this piece of the sisteen Chapell is being a real pain. I got it started the other day let it Idle for 50min and the next day it acted the same as if we hadnt touched it in 6months. What gives any advice would be great cause I don't think he's gonna take it to a real Mech.

Edited by currinmarco

Sounds like you are not getting the right amps. to the starter, i had a areomax do this same thing once. The truck had been converted from air start to electric start, what happen was the guy mounted a ford style starter silonoid on the fire wall close to the hood at the top of the fire wall, the hood actuly rubed against it and over time it came apart from the top, but looking at it it look fine, we were trying to boost it off one day and i reach up and tryed to see if the wire was loose and it moved in toward the bracket, i then pushed in on it and it started right up, sound like the engine is not turning over fast enough, if that is the problem i would check the silonoid or the battery cables.

• Like 1