Greetings And Salutations

1958 F.W.D.

Hello everyone, My name is Randy, I live in Hellertown, Pennsylvania, a short distance from Allentown, Pa. I have a true fondness and love for all things Mack, as I grew up in the right-hand seat of two F-Models that my father owned when he was an owner-operator. His first F-Model was a single-screw 1974 I believe, with a 300 and a 5-speed, all he did was haul new Trailmobile Trailers out of the factory in Lansdale, Pa. leased on to Charles Danbury, Inc. Later on he graduated to a twin-screw 1980, with a 350/10-speed when he leased on with Southwest Freightlines, Inc. with another gentleman who then went on to form what is now an extremely large 48-state LTL carrier.

My primary love, however is firetrucks, especially Mack "B", "C", "L" "R" and "CF" Firetrucks. Dad and I are both volunteers in Montgomery County, Pa.

I currently own and operate a 1958 F.W.D. Model F-725, 750GPM pumper, which is the first firetruck I ever rode on. It originally belonged to our volunteer department, and Dad took me to a parade in Bridgeport, Pa. in 1976, when I was three and a half. The truck was sold to a company in Gloucester County, NJ in 1978. I purchased it from them in 2002. It is powered by a 140GZ Waukesha (THUNDER PUMPKIN!) mated to a Clark 5-speed trans, with a Lipe-Brown 15" clutch. F.W.D.'s are pretty rare these days, and firetrucks especially so. Not only do I own a rare truck, but a sentimentally valuable one as well- my two sons went to their first parades on board this truck as well! (With Grandpa in attendance!) I had the truck at Macungie 2005 and 2006, but due to the clutch getting weak, I had to forgo this year.

Someday I hope to own a Mack pumper, ladder truck, or even a tractor of some sort to park next to the F.W.D.!

post-1729-1191287785_thumb.jpg

post-1729-1191287810.jpg

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

Ye ask and shall receive...... The second pic (above, in the previous posting) is circa 1960 or so. The third pic in this posting is circa 1976 give or take a year. As you can see the truck was painted a deeper "maroon" red by the company that bought it from it's original owners (My fire company.)

I will post the story in the story thread, it's a good one! Moral of the story is, is that I now own the first firetruck I ever rode on when I was three and a half!

-Randy Yardumian

post-1729-1191463137_thumb.jpg

post-1729-1191463158_thumb.jpg

post-1729-1191463230_thumb.jpg

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS