2007 chn 613 turbo oil leak

TysonV

So, I have a 2007 CHN613 with a AC-460P motor. Durning the winter months I need to use high idel overnight as I need to sleep in pullouts and it's about -20 deg. here in Canada. What happenes is after running for the night my turbo is leaking oil into the exhaust. We put a new turbo on thinking the old one was done for, but I am still having the same problem. Any sugestions?

Tyson VandeVelde

Ok, what I've noticed is that after I idle up around 900-1100 rpm I'll get about 4-7 lbs of boot for around 15 mins, then it drops to 0 and will not get boost until i put a load on the engine, jsut reving will not generate any boost. replaced the control valve on the opposite side of the engine for the actuator, still same thing.

Tyson VandeVelde

Possibly valve guides and/or seals. How many "clicks" on the engine? Do you notice any oil leaking from the exhaust manifold? Is the oil only on the exhaust side of the turbo? Did you pull the inlet pipe off the turbo and look for oil on the turbo inlet?

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"