Spoke with Delco about starters for use on all B Model 12V trucks

Spoke with delco this morning about what starters can be used with the B Model, here is what I found out. BTW all these starters also come in 24 Volt

MT42 standard 12 Volt starter, 11 teeth, CW rotation

part number 10461052 reman starter

part number 1990483 new starter

MT39 12 Volt starter, 11 teeth, CW rotation

part number 8200308 which has a rotatable mount for indexing the starter and is the most common (15 sitting on the shelf at the Mack dealer)

part number 8300017 is reman non rotatable starter

part number 8200289 is new non rotatable starter

recommendation from delco was to use the MT39 8200308 as it is popular and readily available from any delco distributor

my two cents from this morning -There are numerous after market and reman starters available from ebay to the local autoparts dealer, most are all clones/knock offs or rebuilt/reman but not built by delco. Most are no name or willsons. I was quoted by the local parts stores for a reman 5-7 days and any where from $350-$450 plus shipping as its a special order on the MT39 by Willison. On the internet remans or no names are going for $250-$300 plus shipping, but they are not delcos but rebulds or no names. Talking with the local auto electric guy it would be $275 for the MT42 rebuilt or a MT39, in my opinion it would be worth spending the few extra bucks on a new delco. The local Mack had a new delco MT39 for around $350 with no core charge or shipping charges.

http://www.delcoremy...t-Brochure.aspx

http://catalog.remyi...Details/8200308

Robert

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

• 2 weeks later...