Reputable Pump shops in northern illinois

dds92780

Which pump shop does everyone recommend or have a good reputation with as far as customer service goes and overall satisfaction.

Here are the 2 i have heard of only

MIDWEST FUEL INJECTION- I have heard mixed reviews but heard it is as simple as driving my truck there, leaving it there, pulling the pump off, getting it rebuilt , calibrating it and turning it up

PRECISION- not sure about this company though, it is a guy named john, says he worked at midwest for 15 years and mack for 12 years. 95 percent of pumps he rebuilds and calibrates are mack and said i would be happy with him. Also he is open on saturdays.

Anyone have ANY input on this??? Lets make this a great thread :)

Also i have a bosch mechanical pump, part number 0402 746 642 It is for a e7 350 mechanical. Thanks

Slow and Steady Wins the Race!

Are you talking about Midwest DS in Bollingbrook or Peru ? I've done buisiness with Peru and also before it got bought out by Midwest a couple yrs ago . They have done some real good work for me and some questionable work . I am pretty fussy about that stuff and am pretty knowledgable about this stuff .

I have a 1997 CH E7-427 . Last winter after an unfortunate deal with Northern IL Mack , LaSalle , I took the truck to Midwest Peru , ended up getting the pump and injectors rebuilt . Had 29000hrs and 760,000mi and never been touched , does run better now , quicker to build boost and starts better . I tried to get them to make a 454 or 460 out of it but with all this electronic s!!t (sorry I,m old school) they can't do it . The unfortunate deal with NILM stemmed from a clutch replacement deal I posted it last spring on here . NILM is now part on the CIT group , the shop foreman and a couple others are now GONE from there !! By the way when I got it back from Midwest the valve cover gasket leaked and they cracked the hose outlet on the coolant expansion tank . Of course they said they didn't .

Midwest in Bollingbrook is supposed to have a truck dyno I was thinking of taking mine up there this winter to se what its got or not . That's about all I can tell you about shops around here , myself i'm not impressed with any shop these days , farm equipment , heavy , trucks and cars for $100+/hr I except more than guessing and parts changers .

• Like 1