Question about B61 fenders and rad sheet metal

I just got my wife talked in to helping me put the painted fenders back on, I have not painted the shutters but the nose is done in the same color as the fenders.

My question is can you put the fenders on and after I paint the shutters put that and the nose cover on? Or do I have to put the nose cover on before the fenders?

I need to get parts put back on so I can make room in the shop as I get ready for cold weather.

Robert

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

depends if you have the old or new style Radiator shell. the old ones you could bolt the fenders and shell and headlite panels all together as one. the newer ones i usually put the inner and outer fenders together and the inner headlight panel then hang the fender. you can put the shutters on after you put fenders and headlight panels on but but bottom bolt in the shutters is a sob after the fact. can be done but its a bitch. i usually cut the head off a fine thread 3/8 bolt and thread it into a fender hole in the cab to hang the fender on. this makes it easier to hold in place while you get underneith and thread the real bolts in.

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

Its a 59 , when I took the fenders off I left the inner fenders and the head light panels all togetther and after fixing them boltes them back as tthe way I took them off, the rad shell has two 3 or 4 inch long flat brackets bolted on the bottom. Also what is a good shim for the radiator since the original bolts with the bug head and spacers are broken or missing.

Robert

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

radiator should be rubber mounted. there is a 3/16 by aboulf 1 inch piece of rubber that goes between the radiator and the horse collar . the bolts can be found at mcmaster car i think. i have cut the threads off the old ones that were stripped and center punched the 7/8 hex head and drilled a 5/16 hole thru them and used the head as a spacer with a regular 5/16 bolt

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg