t2130 trans

oilburner

I don't think a whine noise is normal for any transmission. There may be some damage on the gear(s) like some slight pulling/galling of metal on the gear teeth. Most likely cause is the EP additive breakdown in the oil(not changing oil at recommended intervals) or overheating of the tranny. The noise will probably get worse with time depending on damage.

Well i was afarid it my be bad news, it is like a high pitch wine, Now most eaton fullers 13 and 18 speed make a similer noise in the rear box mostly the 1400 series but only in the overdrive postion at mid range in the rpms, but this one does it in the underdrive postion at any speed and it gets louder with engine speed, shift it in direct and it is quit as a mouse, i thank i will change the fluid in it this weekend and service the truck it needs a good greasing anyway. I am starting to like the transmission i hop it is not nothing major, does anyone know what oil to put back in it, or what it calls for, it is a 98 model T2130.