E9 charge air hoses HELP!

rsb502

I am in bad need of the charge air cooler hoses for my 85 RW613ST with an E9 the Mack p/n for the one thats got the giant hole is 45MD331AM this is a 4" 45 degree elbow charge cooler hose it goes on top at both the intake and turbo sides of the intercooler on a Superliner II with an E9. I need to get all of the hoses I guess but Mack says they are unobtainium right now with 0 on order in the system, the other 2 hose p/n's are 45MD411M thats the one off the turbo its more a 90 degree and 45MD318BM thats the one to the turbo. I have heard from fleetpride that one of their suppliers is going to have them but they have no time frame and I would really like to drive this truck SOON! I will buy em if you got em bonus cash for the whole set in good shape. I have attatched the exploded view and p/n's for other with these trucks, copy it and save it these things come in handy.

post-5240-0-37163300-1347911750_thumb.jp

post-5240-0-37257200-1347911777_thumb.jp

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

I wonder if those will fit, obviously the hood is longer since it has one, and the radiator and intercooler are mounted higher in the RW than the MH, Ill have to dig into that one. I may end up getting some 4.5" u bends and some straight and make my own charge pipes to take straight couplers but I wont get that done by the show on the 29th.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

You should be able to get hoses at any big parts warehouse, as most intercooler outlets are a common size. But if you have to buy it from a bearing/hose type shop, make sure its good silicone hose. Ive got some pipes and hoses here but Id reckon the freight might be a killer

I tried several places all had Charge air hoses but they are all straight and only a few had 4.5" ID, I talked to a few people that make silicone 45 degree hoses and they are not rated for more than 20psi and I should make about 25 to 28 stock and more like 30 after I play a little. I got back with Watts today they called Mack and got a different p/n they said was an update but it does not cross in the computer the new p/n for the 45MD331AM is 45MD417M supposedly, Ill have it by noon tomorrow so well see. thanks for the replys I will be pissed if I have spent all this money and time to get this thing ready for the ATHS show in two weeks and not have a hose to get there.

Well Mack was wrong again that so called updated part was for an E6 truck it will fit inside my charge air lines so Im still screwed on the intake hose, any help would be awesome and supposedly the MH trucks have the same piping so the soft elbow coupler at the cooler from an RW or MH should work but I gotta have on from somewhere. Mack p/n 45MD331AM

NOPE I called and left my number Ill try agin in the morning I need a hose or this thing is just a freakin driveway decoration till later this winter when I got the cash for custom piping and straight hoses.

probably E6 then the E9 has a 4.5 in OD on the coupler 4.20 ID at the coupler end, the E6 is 3.5"ID on the connector hoses. from what my service bulletin says the MH and RW have the same piping arrangement and both used the same update, I wonder if ol man WIX would let me borrow one to get to the show and back? He might have some sitting in a corner of a shed somewhere.

i do have the cast elbows fromm the air to air and the alum, tubes for the straight hoses off on 85 mhv8

that is actually the update for bothe the RW and MH you want to sell em?, are there any p/ns on anything you have there? I gotta get something to get this thing to the show in a week and a half Im running out of time. the updated pipe arrngmt. is in figure 2 for an E9 do they look like this if so I can use em.

post-5240-0-40602800-1348108256_thumb.jp

thanks Mackattack, I called HPS earlier this week and talked to one of their tech guys for about an hour he checked all their 4.5" elbows and they are all for coolant so the burst pressure is only about 20-25 psi they are rated for 15 to 18 psi to work with a high pressure radiator cap of around 16 to 18. I thought about trying one and being easy but then I remembered my last E9 got to 26 psi of manifold pressure bobtail on a hill and I have a couple big ones on the way to Cookeville next saturday and with a burst pressure of 20psi I am al most sure to pop one making over 25. I will be getting thei coolant hoses though they are made well and they back em up so after talking to the guy there I plan to get a list together and replace all the hose on my truck with HPS hose, I think I have the updated piping arrangement for the E9 RW and MH located and should get it next week, hopefully in time to get it on and go find new coupler hoses and get to the show but itll be tight.