Can You Identify This Light?

hi,

Can you please help fill me in on any details of this spot light installed between the radiator and bull dog hood ornament? Is this only a spotlight, or does it rotate or flash or oscillate or ? Any idea who the manufacturer is or the make or model of this light? And how does the bull dog attach to the top of the light?

You can zoom in and see the light in high-resolution detail in the links below. Or you can see the light in the black and white photos here in my gallery. Your assistance in helping me to identify this light is greatly appreciated. I'm on a mission to restore my truck to as close as possible to original, and the first step is to ID what should be on my truck. And if, by some slim chance, you have seen another truck with this light, please send me any photos you can take.

Thank you all so very much.

Steve

front angle

front of truck

left side

right side

If this was a west coast(california) unit,the light was a steady burning red warning light. East coast used lights such as mars oscolating lights or a roto ray. California claimed a steady burning red light worked better than a rotating light in same position. As for mfg. I am not sure,who made it,but could be a mack product itself,cause all our 1950's models we had (50,54,59) all parts were labeled with mack emblem of the time

Edited by CF686F1292

James Spurlock

Palmyra,Pa

• 1 month later...

From what I can tell it looks like a Mars "888" light.The light makes a pattern on a wall that looks like 3 8's or a crazy "m" pattern.There is a place in Chicago that has replacement parts.I'll get the name and post it later.

#1 on A-model registry

If I drink because of work, why can't I drink at work?

• 4 weeks later...

I dug out the info for you on that light :D Tri Lite Inc. aka Tri Lite Mars 1335 W.Randolph St. Chicago,Ill.60607-1523 Phone is: 1-800-322-5250. They will help you with part numbers and other identification questions :) The retailer that I used was; Indus Tool 300 N.Elizabeth St. Chicago,Ill.60607 Phone is: 1-800-662-5021. They are VERY patient and helpfull.Prices are fair and my parts were shipped fast.

#1 on A-model registry

I dug out the info for you on that light :D Tri Lite Inc. aka Tri Lite Mars 1335 W.Randolph St. Chicago,Ill.60607-1523 Phone is: 1-800-322-5250. They will help you with part numbers and other identification questions :) The retailer that I used was; Indus Tool 300 N.Elizabeth St. Chicago,Ill.60607 Phone is: 1-800-662-5021. They are VERY patient and helpfull.Prices are fair and my parts were shipped fast.

#1 on A-model registry

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome information - thank you for your help and the reply.

Steve

Edited by mackattack