CH700?

There was no such animal. Mack engineering resisted any application for the CH that even resembled vocational. The CH model never offered any steer axles over 14,600#, and there were never any exhaust options to accomidate straight trucks, other than under frame.

The vocational trucks were at the time, CL's and RD's. Even the first CLs that came out had an exhaust interference dimension of 14", when dealers ordered them for straight trucks and dumps, the dealer or the body builder had to modify the exhaust, it wasn't until later that Mack engineering finally came up with some options.

See my Flickr photostream page

http://www.flickr.com/photos/96692978@N05/

• 2 weeks later...

I always wondered why they never offered a CH set forward with heavy axles, I know several people including myself that tried to get a dump truck spec set forward CH (double frame, 18k or 20k front,44 camelback rears) and Mack here in Nashville wouldnt even try to help they just said the factory wont build it. I and Im sure several other would probably have had one if they built it, instead everybody here seemed to go to Freightliner for heir set forward hood fix with the short hood classic's.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"