You Guys See The Comercial For Cajun Pawn Stars?

Im watching the History Channel and a comercial for Cajun Pawn stars came on. It showed that boss of the shop there Jimmy trying to buy a fire truck. Then it shows it start up and black smoke shoots out the exaust. Then it shows the whole truck and its an old CF Mack fire truck. Then it shows this black lady yelling Pay Attension! to Jimmy and it shows the CF go off the road a little bit, and the comercial ends. It says its on Wednesday at 9:00 at night. I gotta watch it!! Vinny

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

I haven't seen the commercial yet, but we watch the show all the time. My Uncle Durwood had a big head of hair combed back like Big Daddy. Gotta love the South.

I had a great old southern Uncle as well - spelled it differently - Durward Quarters was his name and he lived down on Logan Creek and his favorite food was gooseberry pie made without any sugar. My mouth puckers up just thinking about it.

We recorded that episode and just got thru watching it. I told my wife he'd better not pay more than $2500 for that truck. I was close.

Olivetroad, I spelled my uncle's name like we always said it. Then I seen the way you spelled your uncle's name and remembered I always spelled my uncle's name wrong. He's been gone about 15yrs now but I looked it up and his name was actually "Durward" also.

Don't you just love the South. We say it like we want to and spell it like it sounds.

Don't you just love the South. We say it like we want to and spell it like it sounds.

That's the truth - I did not know his real name until just a few years ago. Everyone called him "Woody". He was my auction partner for years - he would go anywhere at any hour of the night - he was like a good buggy horse - ready to go on a moments notice. His favorite drink was tomato juice. He would can over 200 quarts every summer.

You know.......when I see it typed out.......I have some crazy genes floating around in my soup.