Superliner I Airline Diagram

Pawel

Hello Everybody!

I need a diagram showing the airlines/brake system on a Superliner I tractor. Could anybody post that for me? Or maybe direct me somwhere I could find it? Thanks in advance, have a nice day

Paweł

• 3 weeks later...

Well, OK - that's not so easy to find. Best thing I got was some Mack diagram for "Straight truck except CL/CH models", lots of photos of cutoffs and some air brake manuals from WABCO, Bendix and Canadian DOT...

So I'm still not sure what to do (I want to show accurate brake lines in a scale model). Could any of you post pictures of the air brake hardware (for example relay valves on the rears) of a Superliner I?

Or maybe answer this question: When the anti-locking brakes started to show up on Mack trucks? How likely is it to see such brakes on a Superliner I? Thanks in advance for any help here, I really need some to move on. Have a nice day

Paweł

Hi, Pawel,

Sounds like you have a progress.

I haven't the scheme of Superliner though most brake line connections are close to each other around highway R-models.

Air tanks could have different locations with brake chambers in diff. points due to a kind of suspension and a number of axles.

I have some shots from my R688 of 1988 with airride.

Lot of pipes around brakes including park sections mixed with suspension lines.

Be carefull about this pictures, the truck has too long Russian milege, brake chambers are from KamAZ.

In theory I have the book about it but in real that one is in Holland now untill my next visit in July.

Vlad

post-3971-0-96248400-1338483240_thumb.jp

post-3971-0-95526400-1338483273_thumb.jp

Edited by Vladislav

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

Vlad, thanks a lot for your help - the photos are very interesting and I can use them as a reference for my model. I already strated the plumbing, so far I have this:

r_sus21.jpg

Still a lot to do, so if anybody would like to help me - have any hints or see anythinng not OK, please let me know.

Thanks a lot in advance, have a nice day

Paweł

Pawel, your job looks too strange.

It's good you made Camelback instead of unknown rears from Italery kit.

But rear bogie brackets to the frame...

I like them too much though they were made in 40's, 50's and 60's including B models but no R's.

I'm not a 100% shure but 99.

Look at the pictures I made of 80's DM. You can see the typical R's Camelback.

If you have ever seen the R model kit of AMT that one has the same rears.

So you have to think strong about untill you have the chassis unpainted.

The axle gears, springs and tie-rods looks Ok.

Try to look ower Autoinscale Russian model building forum (AISforum) for the post of Rubber Duck replica.

It was made quite true. The picture of the frame is on the display. Scratch built "Duck" in 24 and the AMT "R" in 25.

All the best,

vlad

post-3971-0-73343500-1338575872_thumb.jp

Edited by Vladislav

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

Thanks a lot for the pictures, Vlad! You're a real help here.

I know what you mean about the rear suspension. What I have in my model is actually very heavy - it's a 55,000lbs suspension, that normally wasn't put on a Superliner (more standard was the 44,000lbs suspension). But I took the data from an official Mack catalog, so let's say it's a special order - I'm not going to change that, it would take me too far back with the build. But thanks again for your observation - I gave that a lot of thought before, too.

Thanks again, have a nice weekend

Paweł