'07 Vision exhaust in cab

Hey folks. I just started driving an '07 Vision. It has serious exhaust fumes in the cab when the window is cracked. I suppose it's coming from the underneath the sleeper muffler. I found that some of it was coming thru the floor around the shifter boot. I put the boot back like it should be but I'm still getting major fumes. I've had the truck in the shop twice and no leaks were found in the system. Is this a common problem? Where else could the fumes be coming in? Please help. Thanks

Look at your exhaust manifold gasket, look for black soot around/below the port. If it sounds like it's skipping a little when your standing out side beside the hood,passangers side, but it runs fine, that could be it. I don't know if 07 has the new and improved gasket, but Mack went from a thick one that blew out to a thin metal one that isn't supposed to, so replace it with that if needed.

I've had the exhaust checked from front to back. No soot or smoke anywhere. I read on the net that having an underneath exhaust and a window open is possibly the problem. Not sure how difficult or expensive it'd be to put a stack on it, but I'm gonna run it by the boss. Thanks for the replies guys.

I've had the exhaust checked from front to back. No soot or smoke anywhere. I read on the net that having an underneath exhaust and a window open is possibly the problem. Not sure how difficult or expensive it'd be to put a stack on it, but I'm gonna run it by the boss. Thanks for the replies guys.

Didn't realize you had a grass burner, thats your problem. Put a stack on it. Grass burners and apu's should be outlawed. Can't sleep in a truck stop anymore with apu's in stereo and you get a headache as a bonus. Reefers were bad enough. Got to love the goverment.I slept in a blueberry field the other day. Best sleep in weeks.

They sent me another truck. It's identical to the other Mack. It has the same problem. I don't sleep in the truck. My problem is happening while driving. I crack a window and the fumes get intense. I'm going to try adding an elbow to the tailpipe and then run it out the side. If that doesn't work, I'll get the boss to put a stack on it or send me something else. I love the Mack though. Very comfortable. I'll keep y'all posted.

Would agree on getting the exhaust out from under the cab. You are getting some sort of back draft or negative pressure situation. My old RD dump truck had a "weed burner" but it had a tail pipe that got the exhaust out from under the cab and it was one of the cleanest dumps I've ever driven.