Mack 460 more power

I've been running the Mack from 1400 to 1740, wrong!! I found this on the computer on the dash. Mack says lug it to 1200 then split or shift up to 1400 or 1600 and lug it again to 1200. Up shift at 1600.

Well, I have run two loaders up through the hills of Pa,NY, and Ct. the second one was heavier. I used Macks methods the second run, here are the results.

It crested the hills at a higher speed 2 to 3 mph

The turbo boost was 3 to 4 pounds higher

The engine heat was lower

The pyrometer heat was lower

The fuel milage was better

Seems there is nothing but good from the 1200 to 1600 or down from 1400 1600 to 1200 recomended cruise rpm 1700+ or - 50 rpm. Mine runs 1650@ 65

Sitting in a NY truck stop, headed to Fla via 81 and 84 one more time.

Hopefully soon. Just got my inspections today. damn truck failed city horn broke there it squeaked and died. and they said the yoke in front of the front drive was loose. That damn yoke has been my problem child. Might catch you in Vero

Hopefully soon. Just got my inspections today. damn truck failed city horn broke there it squeaked and died. and they said the yoke in front of the front drive was loose. That damn yoke has been my problem child. Might catch you in Vero

Well, that is quite the bummer that your Mack is having these horn and drive line yoke problems..........oh wait...................