Im installing one of those painless wiring fuse blocks this weekend. I also have a silinoid i want to install that will turn the system on with the turn of the ign key. how does this all wire up so that the fuse panel is hot only after the silinoid is actavated.

I assume that the ign has a hot lead after you turn it to "run". this hot lead should then be wired into the silinoid to turn on the fuse panel? does this sound correct?

if so then where dose the hot lead to power the fuse panel wire up to?

sorry if its confusing to explain :blink:

The 'hot' wire on the ignition will power the relay, which in turn will power the fuse block.

Small wire to the relay, larger wire to the fuse block.

Don't forget the (as the English say)Earth wire from relay.

Packer

Keep a clutchin'

Im installing one of those painless wiring fuse blocks this weekend. I also have a silinoid i want to install that will turn the system on with the turn of the ign key. how does this all wire up so that the fuse panel is hot only after the silinoid is actavated.

I assume that the ign has a hot lead after you turn it to "run". this hot lead should then be wired into the silinoid to turn on the fuse panel? does this sound correct?

if so then where dose the hot lead to power the fuse panel wire up to?

sorry if its confusing to explain :blink:

Trent, I assume your referring to your B model here.

Just look at a schematic of the wiring in your R model, that's got a relay (solenoid) which turns on all the switched breakers in the panel.

Find the terminal on the key switch which is hot when the key is on, then run a wire from there to the small terminal on the solenoid which actuates it.

The other small terminal on the solenoid must be grounded.

Hook your main feed wire (from the batteries)to one big terminal on the solenoid, then run a wire from the other big terminal to the breaker panel.

You'll also want some of the breakers to be unswitched (hot all the time) for headlights, turn signals, running lights, brake lights etc.

Be sure to use a constant duty solenoid, those starter type solenoids will burn up quickly if energized constantly.

"If You Can't Shift It Smoothly, You Shouldn't Be Driving It"

THANKS FOR THE INFO guys. I have a solenoid from a R model dash that I will be using for under the dash on my B. The wierd thing is that my RS I dont hear that "click" when I turn the key. I will have to check to see if there is one there? I know the temp guage will not work if the jey is off but all the lights, acc, and pretty much the whole elec system works with the key off??

I should have the fuse panel tomorrow and start wireing in a few days

THANKS FOR THE INFO guys. I have a solenoid from a R model dash that I will be using for under the dash on my B. The wierd thing is that my RS I dont hear that "click" when I turn the key. I will have to check to see if there is one there? I know the temp guage will not work if the jey is off but all the lights, acc, and pretty much the whole elec system works with the key off??

I should have the fuse panel tomorrow and start wireing in a few days

trent i have extra blown-up copies of an '88 R-model wire diagram. if you would like one send me your address scott