Cat C18

Timothy Maikshilo

We took a 2100 Wirtgen down to a regional airport when they were ripping up and re-paving the runways. Operator used near a full can of ether to get it to start up. Same block as the C16, just a bigger bore from what I understand.

Lucerne - supposedly one of the diesel tuners had a 3000hp C18 at one of the truck shows (Louisville, I think) a few years back. Apparently some bullhauler out of Montana bought it for his rig. From what I've heard, some of the guys running the ultra high-horsepower engines have had to go to hydrostatic transmissions to handle the power.

Troy.

IMAGES COPYRIGHT TROY MILLER/ 10-4 MAGAZINE

10-4 Magazine - For Today's Trucker!

creek2smallcroppedsigna.jpg

Photography is a Beautiful Thing...

Contributor - 10-4 Magazine

I'm Not Fearless, I'm Just Stupid.

Timothy - what do you do?

No, I don't mean create smart alec posts, or feed chickens, or drive farm tractors, or wear long hair, I mean what do you do for a living?

Sumpin tells me it involves paving.

Olive, I am a foreman for a road construction company and in charge of cold planing for Vt. Farmer on the side taking care of heifers and cut and sell feed. My son does most of this in the summer do to my job off the farm. No more long hair although my better half likes it. I found when I was milking cows the girls in the barn liked it too. Gentlemen, I love my E9 but have to admit that this C 18 sounds very nice too!
  • Like 1

Timothy - what do you do?

No, I don't mean create smart alec posts, or feed chickens, or drive farm tractors, or wear long hair, I mean what do you do for a living?

Sumpin tells me it involves cold planing. Does that mean you plane the rough lumber at the sawmill when it's cold, and somebody else gets to do it when it's warm?

• Like 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

[quote name='other dog' timestamp='1333

I found when I was milking cows the girls in the barn liked it too.

Oh, I see, the long hair helped keep the flies off, and allowed you to take some of the smell along with you when you left to enjoy the rest of the day? We always took you for a udder man.

Well looked at the new cold planer assigned to me today. Wirtgen 2100 and has a Cat C18 in it so I took a photo for you Cat fans.

I think they are over bored C-16's if my memory is still intact. They can turn out 800HP and up to 1000HP if used in marine applications.

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!