News On The Eh

:bmod1: :D

Hi all;

Just a short update about my new :mack1: . I'm still in the Reno area working on it,looks like I have about another week before it's ready to drive home. Dutch and I have spent the last week getting the fuel system functional and re-wiring the truck. The original wire was brittle and crumbled every time I moved anything. While we were at it,we changed it over to 12 volts,installed a GM blade type fuse block and a 17(?)SI alternator. Had to order a pulley for it.

We got the brakes operational,but the previous owner removed the Hydra Vac,so it's working without one for now.

Worked on door glass today,both regulators are damaged so we blocked the windows up and removed the regulators to try to repair them.bI've cut replacement floorboards for it,as soon as it stops raining I'll install and fit them.

Took it for a test drive today-it was GREAT!!!! :thumb::D It runs out well,doesn't get over about 140 degrees,and after idling all morning while we worked on lights etc. still held about 50 lbs oil pressure.

Learned a few things about it; It really NEEDS a Hydra Vac! I have some bodywork to do on the drivers door jamb to make the door latch. I need to find a wiper motor for it. I need to move the shifter for the Brownie-it's clear across the cab from me,and appears to be installed backwards,the shift pattern is exactly opposite of what it should be. It's a bear to shift-sticks a lot trying to get through neutral. Not a single grease fitting on that shifter,either. The speedo works,no idea yet how accurately. I'll need a windshield regulator since somebody let the windshield hinge freeze up and destroyed the regulator trying to wrench it open. A brass doorknob will work on the passenger side outside,but requires a strong grip to open. Updraft carbs aren't one of my favorite things.

I have a couple of weeks left on my 30 day temp permit to drive it and work the bugs out so I'll be getting as much drive time in as I can.

Dutch recorded some video of the test run,as soon as we figure out how to send it you'll get to watch me leave and return in it. Next up will be making a front bumper for it,extending the frame behind the rear axle about 3 feet for when I put a flatbed on it,and building the boom for it.

Almost forgot-I had a 1957 GMC dump truck with under 70,000 miles given to me;needs the brakes bled,3 tires,and one valve spring replaced. I have it stored with another friend here,I'll have to get thattruck operable next time I come down,load my little truck in the back and drive IT home. :D

Well,I'm beat-I'll write more later.

THE MACK LIVES!!!!! :chili:

Speed

:bmod2:

"Remember-ANY Gun Control is Unconstitutional!"
<!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><i><b>MACK-E Model Registry # 36</b></i><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

<a href="http://www.nvabatetravel.com/"target="_blank">http://www.nvabatetravel.com/</a>