Neway Suspension:

Rob

Be carefull with the hard surfacing rod cause if you need to machine it it is in most cases to hard to cut with a cutting bit.

Typically hard facing will get in excess of rockwell 53 and requires a grinding apparatus to machine. To hard even for cobalt tools.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I talked with a local axle repair shop yesterday. I'm going to take equalizing beam to them and see what they can due if I were to weld it up back to size. I also got the pricing back from neway(SAFholland) for a new equalizing beam.....$3065.00 a piece! There would be a month lead time from the factory not that it matters to me. Rob I snapped a couple pics of the hangers on both the 244-6 and the 125-6. The rear hangers on my tandem (244-6) are concaved as well. The hangers on the single axle(125-6) currently in truck are concaved too. I don't know what the reasons as to why they are but my guess is something to due with the location of the fifth wheel? Less notching on different types of fifth wheel frames to go around the brackets maybe?

post-262-0-56705800-1342188941_thumb.jpg

post-262-0-26932200-1342188956_thumb.jpg