need a decoder

redman

we have a 93 cl713 in the shop for rear end repair.our driveline guru says it has 55k rear ends.seems kind of heavy duty to me.also top speed is 92 mph.could one of you decoders ( barry) tell me what rears & gear ratio we have here? serial # 1m2ad38y0pw001382. thanx in advance!

Those numbers should be readily avalable just by looking at the rears themselves. Assuming these are Mack axles, the axle model number should be on the rear of the lower housing, in the area of the check plug. For 1993, the number of the axle model will also be the rating. You'll find the ratio on the front of the upper housing, on a flat spot just to the left of the input shaft.

See my Flickr photostream page

http://www.flickr.com/photos/96692978@N05/

In the Mack parts system it says your truck came with the 200 series rear carriers and 3.94 gear ratio. The rear leaf spring part # is 4QK4008A. In the parts system it doesn't come out and say what pound rating the rear axles are and I dont do enough on the parts side to know what all these numbers mean but I know that spring part number is very common and the 200 series carriers can be rated pretty high!