Power inverter, microwave use

Here's the story,2005 CXN613, neg. ground I asume? Wired a Cobra cpi 1575/3000 watt inverter under the sleeper, big cable, all stranded copper, pos. to pos, neg. to neg, grounded the inverter chassis to the cab chassis, ran heavy extension cords, to an electrical outlet, one cord to each plug and broke the piece out between the two female outlets so they won't feed each other. White wire to the larger slot,black wire to the smaller slot,green tied together and on the green screw. Each cord is plugged into the inverter in it's own outlet. That leaves one free plug for working ouside the truck.I plugged in the microwave (new) the clock works fine as does the light, fan, rotisserie plate, but no microwaves.Tryed the other plug, shutting off the power and turning it on. Nothing, except one weird thing, the rotisserie will run clockwise, then the next time it runs counter clockwise, just push stop/start. The microwave works great in the house, only turns clockwise and heats, my variable speed drill works fine in the truck and rotates the right direction always. HELP, any ideas?

Your inverter is probably not a true sine wave output. This can mess with sensative electronics like computers and microwaves.

They advertise it for being perfect for microwaves and tv's.

Detailed Features

The Cobra CPI 1575 inverter provides household power on the go! It converts battery power to 120 V AC household power, allowing you to power up office equipment and household appliances from your vehicle. This unit is ideal for appliances such as microwave ovens (1000 watts or less), coffeemakers, laptops, TV sets, video games, CD players, DVD players, cellular phone chargers and much more!

It might be big enough but the start up on the micros is huge and draws alot. Also I had a micro where the rotiserie would go a different way when it started might just be the micro. Make sure you got enough inverter for the start and MAKE SURE YOU ARE IDLEING. Micros will kill your batteries in a flash

It might be big enough but the start up on the micros is huge and draws alot. Also I had a micro where the rotiserie would go a different way when it started might just be the micro. Make sure you got enough inverter for the start and MAKE SURE YOU ARE IDLEING. Micros will kill your batteries in a flash

The micro is a 700 watt so that should be fine, it says up to 1000 watt. I have been working on the truck for days and running power so the batteries would be down.I let it run for an hour tonight, but didn't try it after. I'm going to town in it tomorrow so it should charge up.

Did your micro that spun both ways work as far as heating no matter what direction?

The micro is a 700 watt so that should be fine, it says up to 1000 watt. I have been working on the truck for days and running power so the batteries would be down.I let it run for an hour tonight, but didn't try it after. I'm going to town in it tomorrow so it should charge up.

Did your micro that spun both ways work as far as heating no matter what direction?

Yeah it cooked and or heated everything I put in it. I wish I still had it but just not enough room in here. That is next on my hit list of things to get in here. I never thought twice about the direction of rotation as long as it worked

• Like 1

That makes me feel better, now I'll have to see if the wave maker will come on tomorrow. Having 4 batteries and they read 11.9 v to 12v off, you would think it would at least work a little. The inverter never even kicked on the fans. I've been used to a 48" bunk, no micro, no fridge, short narrow bed,this is going to be a treat to be able to move, stand up, stretch out sleeping,and cook something if I get it figured out.

you know does it have 2 positive and 2 ground outlets. If so you need to run all 4 lines to it also. I got a cpi 2500 that I hate

No just one pos. one neg. that was one of the reasons I bought it. The cables were all ready there, nice big ones too, but just one set. My fridge is 12v and my lap top,printer and phone chargers are 12v so it's just the micro on the outlet. Almost got a 2500 but saw the 4 posts. An RV dealer up here has a brand new Norcold DC00740BB 12v w trim kit for 600.00 thats cost, if you know anyone that needs one, they run around 800.00 plus.Someone ordered it and never picked it up,grey color. Mine is on all the time, it doesn't run very often, nice fridge 1.7 cu ft.real compressor and quiet.