My $300 Mack Hat

other dog

I have A 1965 B-53s concrete mixer,with the water tank in front of the mixer,up higher than the cab.It used to have the ready-mix company's sign on the front of the tank,but I sanded it and painted over it and had A big ''Mack'' decal made,with the bulldog on top,and put that where the sign used to be.I figured I needed A Mack hat with the same emblem (like Dale wears on ''King of The Hill) so one day when I loaded A load of steel in Pittsburgh going to Lynchburg,Va. instead of going down I-79 to rt.19 to Summersville,and rts.39 and 20 to 60 to 64,I decided to run 22 east out of Pittsburgh so I could stop by Watt's Mack and get A hat.I got my hat,red and black like the truck,and took off,very proud of myself and my new hat.I ran rt.22 over to Altoona,99 south to 220,220 to Moorefield,W.V,then 55 across the mountain to 259,then south to Broadway,Va.and rt.81 south to 64 east.I run this route frequently,and usually I get off of I-64 at the top of Afton mountain and take rts.250 to 151 to 6 to rt. 29,instead of taking 64 to Charlottesville and getting on 29-it's a pretty big short cut,but for some reason it's restricted to a 65 foot limit.I had never been stopped or bothered before,so I thought nothing of it to take the short cut,but this time when I got down to 29,at Wood's Mill,A D.O.T. man was already there.Cost me $306 dollars,for being 70 feet.I have not taken A shortcut since,and don't plan to...if I only hadn't of had to have that hat!..oh well,you live and you learn they say.

Edited by other dog

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Wow...that a sad story! Typical luck...Im the same way! Start out with something good and then...BOOM! It goes south real quick!! LOL

Love to see the mixer pics, also!

bmodel_logo.png
Barry - Watt's Truck Center Parts Manager and BMT Webmaster...1-888-304-MACK