Internet purchase

Olivetroad

Why is it when I sell something on the internet, I take tons of photos, describe it in tiresome detail, and make it look worse than it is so the buyer is happy, but then when I buy something sight unseen, I get this:

post-6658-0-09254500-1328997486_thumb.jp

post-6658-0-98185400-1328997495_thumb.jp

All I hear is: daily driver, little old lady only drove it to church on Sunday in Arizona, never left the garage on a rainy day, yada, yada, yada. Nothing about the lack of a key.

Good thing I was buying it for the fancy wheels - now I have to junk the rest, how can I sell that to someone?

post-6658-0-30588900-1328997505_thumb.jp

If it has an early 4.0Ltr engine it does have value if runs well. Make certain the heads aren't busted before parting it out.

The actual ignition switch in those is a pain in the ass to change. The lock cylinder is too if you only have 1/2 a brain.

The internet is an easy way to market garbage with little recourse for the purchaser. Of course the buyer has to be willing to run that gammit.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

If it has an early 4.0Ltr engine it does have value if runs well. Make certain the heads aren't busted before parting it out.

The actual ignition switch in those is a pain in the ass to change. The lock cylinder is too if you only have 1/2 a brain.

The internet is an easy way to market garbage with little recourse for the purchaser. Of course the buyer has to be willing to run that gammit.

Rob

I'm like the scarecrow in Oz - "if I only had a brain"

I bought it for the mun-mun wheels it had on it, I have a guy that buys them from me, I just am embarassed to been seen delivering them.

I really only paid scrap price but it still should have been brought to my attention.