H model mack Front axle

bobgil

I have a front axle from a H model Mack not sure of the year it has Dayton wheels and had a two stick trany. It was a road truck with a sleeper and it has brakes on both hubs. The truck was about gone Rob has seen it full of bullett holes, glass is all gone and rusted and in rough condition. I had talked to the people about it and nobody knew any thing about it. Then one day I was on the way home and I noticed a step deck going towards the scrap yard with a H model cab laying on it's side on it. I followed the man and was able to buy the front axle for $50.00. I just hope I can use it.

I also have a 1964 B61 that only has one brake drum ass and every thing on one side and the other side is just a bare axle with hub.

I also have a 1965 C model that has no brakes on the front axle. I can not get to my books that I have for reference most of that stuff got put in storage about 6 years back when I got married the last time.

Does any body have any idea if the H model axle would inter change with the B or C models?

Bob Gil

Bob Gil

If it an't a Mack could it really be a truck???

I have a front axle from a H model Mack not sure of the year it has Dayton wheels and had a two stick trany. It was a road truck with a sleeper and it has brakes on both hubs. The truck was about gone Rob has seen it full of bullett holes, glass is all gone and rusted and in rough condition. I had talked to the people about it and nobody knew any thing about it. Then one day I was on the way home and I noticed a step deck going towards the scrap yard with a H model cab laying on it's side on it. I followed the man and was able to buy the front axle for $50.00. I just hope I can use it.

I also have a 1964 B61 that only has one brake drum ass and every thing on one side and the other side is just a bare axle with hub.

I also have a 1965 C model that has no brakes on the front axle. I can not get to my books that I have for reference most of that stuff got put in storage about 6 years back when I got married the last time.

Does any body have any idea if the H model axle would inter change with the B or C models?

Bob Gil

Bob, I have a book that will reference what you have but get the "FA" series numbers from all the axles and I'll look for you. I remember that "H" model well and it was such a shame to see it that way. Is there any chance that black B model with the Pete rear suspension is still around? I'm going to be needing a cab for a restoration coming up shortly. I also have another class coming up in OKC sometime during the summer so will drive down to visit again.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Rob I am not sure if that truck is still avaible, I can check.

I might know where there is another cab that my cusin was ddealing with he has a sleeper cab that he is talking about switching out with a regular cab on a B.

I jus read your post about the Pete frame. There are two pete parts skeletons setting behind the shop that have been gov deals and the engines are gone and a lot of otherr parts of the trucks have been used for other trucks but the frames are still there.

Lost your phone number and still need your mailing address.

Bob Gil

Bob Gil

Rob I am not sure if that truck is still avaible, I can check.

I might know where there is another cab that my cusin was ddealing with he has a sleeper cab that he is talking about switching out with a regular cab on a B.

I jus read your post about the Pete frame. There are two pete parts skeletons setting behind the shop that have been gov deals and the engines are gone and a lot of otherr parts of the trucks have been used for other trucks but the frames are still there.

Lost your phone number and still need your mailing address.

Bob Gil

Yes, I'm wanting a standard cab as don't want to stretch the truck.

Thanks and here ya go.

Rob

Rob Swallows

Auto Affair Inc.

33545 N. IL Rt. 78

Farmington, IL 61531

309-219-2070

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Thanks Rob

I will see what I can find out for you.

Bob

Why don't you get that "C" model up here and plan to stay a couple weeks? You could bunk in my rental house and we'd get something done on that truck in short order. You could prolly drive it back home.

Rob

I might be able to drive it up there if i can get done what I want to.

I just wonder what the DOT would have to say if they were to pull me over.

I have been very lucky doing every thing I did in 2010 and the first of last year and not haveing any more problems than i did.

Thanks again for all the help you did.

I am supost to have the 3 weeks off in june want to go to allentown for thier show but not sure what i will be able to fo yet. Still trying to get some of the back pay that i am due. Got some of it and moma needed and new set of wheels so we got her a 06 town & country with 75,00 miles on it totally loaded. She is happy now to get the other things that need to be done taken care of.

Bob

Bob Gil