drop deck trailers

drg

Just thinking about buying a drop deck was wondering on the flatbeders oppinions whether to go 48 or 53 ft. Been looking at a new Wilson 48 ft with a slideing front axle so I guess your thoughts on what the Wilson line of combo decks are like. Thanks for all replys. Dennis

Thanks guys and yes I'm from Canada but most loads would be going or coming to the US. I'm not sure but I think with the 10.1 spread in most states you can run 20000 per axle am I right and in Canada with the axle pulled tight we can gross out at 87000 lbs so the sliding front axle should work I'm hoping. I agree with you SUPERDOG Wilson do'es make the best liners and grain trailers I'm pulling a 53 ft tri liner Wilson now but at 55 I'm finding the livestock hauling harder all the time ha ha. Thinking if I go decking I might get into a more regular sleep pattern instead of loading at 4Pm and then driving 600 miles. Thanks for the replys Dennis.

Ya I get down to the US a bit it seems we go south for a month or so then its nothing but out to Alberta. Through the years been to Long Prairie Mn , the XL plant in Omaha,Swift at Grand Island Ne,Tyson at Greely Co and the Cargill plant in Milwaukee Wi.Sometimes haul an odd load of feeder calves to Iowa and Nebraska but thats been really slow lately. Never been to Joplin but the feedlot I pull a lot for sent a bunch of tandem loads down there last summer and all we have now are the tridems.