Turbo Or Not To Turbo An End673

TakacsB67

You can just put the turbo on, but you'll need the pump redone to match to actually put the fuel needed to make power.

I've considered this, but don't want to screw up a nice running engine. The non turbo motors don't have oil cooled pistons and that adds to the possibility of scoring up cylinders.

Not that it can't be done, and survive, but I'll just hold out for a new motor.....someday.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

You can just put the turbo on, but you'll need the pump redone to match to actually put the fuel needed to make power.

I've considered this, but don't want to screw up a nice running engine.  The non turbo motors don't have oil cooled pistons and that adds to the possibility of scoring up cylinders.

Not that it can't be done, and survive, but I'll just hold out for a new motor.....someday.

Thanks for the advice.

I agree with Freightrain, you can do it, but there is more to it to make it "Right" I have heard that you may even need to change the injectors and reset the pump as well as changing pistons and adding piston oilers.

bmodel_logo.png
Barry - Watt's Truck Center Parts Manager and BMT Webmaster...1-888-304-MACK

I agree with Freightrain, you can do it, but there is more to it to make it "Right"  I have heard that you may even need to change the injectors and reset the pump as well as changing pistons and adding piston oilers.

Thanks a bunch I think I will stick with the naturally asperated set up. Sound like to much work & money. DT