Out with the old

lucerne tractor

Out with the old, in with the new, the Pete is a 2003 379, 525 Cat Fuller 10spd, 46 rears, 3:90 ratio, American Class interior, wet system. You can check it out on Youtube under ihop54 and see what it used to do, I have alot more to post on youtube as soon as I can pull the pictures off my old hard drive, some real good ones too. Check out her replacement on the newer model Mack forum, hope she will be as good as the Pete, so I can post a few years of heavy haul on line with her too.

post-861-0-96193200-1324787151_thumb.jpg

You are probably being facetious, and I don't blame you. I sold the Pete because I wasn't making it and didn't have time to look for other avenues of income. I know trucking isn't the place to look. After letting spring and summer roll by, (the good weather for heavy haul) I decided I needed to get back into it. The Mack seemed to have it all as far as set up,hp,46 rears with 4:30's and a 18 spd, plenty of room for on the road living,and for the milage 420k, the year and the care it had it seemed the best buy out there. I have allready heard that 460's aren't good but I checked the Mack garage prior and it was the late 90's, by 2005 it was a pretty good motor(cross fingers here). We will see, this is the make it or break it move.

i hope you have better luck out of the 460 than the last 2 company s that i worked for did the trucks did well on flat ground and down hill but would fall on their face when pulling up hill loaded or empty. it made it a little better if you wound the piss out of them but if the rpms drop below 1600 you better drop about 3 gears or you will have to go to low and start all over. the trucks ranged from 2003 to 2007 in year and the results were the same with all of them. but the ones with the 427s would eat the hills up the ones with the 8speeds were good but with the 18speeds were great. its strange that the two engines were identical except the h.p. but the 427s had twice the pulling power.