EGR

With the new SCR MP8 the EGR is used less that ever before. If we ever get the EGR differential pressure sensor port "plugging" issue firgured out the EGR system will be pretty much trouble free. I think the new ECM downloads are part of the fix. Mack is removing alot of parts on the newest SCR MP8's . The 7th injector has been majorly simplified, no more water cooled 7th injector, just a tiny little injector with a small single fuel line, not even a electrical wire going to it. And now the DRV valve has been removed, and kits are available to remove it on the older SCR engine. The bugs are getting worked out. Alot fewer warranty claims on the SCR engines than when the first DPF engines came out.

• 3 weeks later...

i can only hope they get these figured out .my new tracter 2011 ch613u 505hp was put in service july1 2011 with a build date of june2011.

now sitting at MACK/VOLVO since the first week of dec.2011 with 40,000 miles, .this is the 5th trip in .

i just hope they get it right this time, i really like the ride this truck has with decent power. But i'm really starting to miss that 04 378 pete with that 525 cat

put on 750,000 miles local pulling lowboy was never back to the dealer,