Air governor leak

bluebonnet

Hello,

My name is Victor Cross and this is my first attempt to post a topic on this forum.

I purchased my 1958 B 61 last July and am in the process of making some changes on it and then will post pictures and register it.

The air governor continues to leak air from the vent, not sure if the governor is defective or something in the system is causing this. the air pressure will build to just short of 120 lbs and the buzzer will not shut off. I have not been able to locate a governor like the one on my truck. looking for some good advice, thanks

Will probably go with the D2, tried to post photo of my old governor but no luck. Thanks

Edited by bluebonnet

Hello,

My name is Victor Cross and this is my first attempt to post a topic on this forum.

I purchased my 1958 B 61 last July and am in the process of making some changes on it and then will post pictures and register it.

The air governor continues to leak air from the vent, not sure if the governor is defective or something in the system is causing this. the air pressure will build to just short of 120 lbs and the buzzer will not shut off. I have not been able to locate a governor like the one on my truck. looking for some good advice, thanks

You probably have the old style "Sealco" governor. It is straightforward to replace with a Bendix D-2 style governor which is commonplace. They are about $20.00 over the counter at parts stores.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

The governor is mounted on the firewall, I tried to add photo but no luck yet says my file to large. Thanks for the info.

The D-2 series will mount in exactly the same place using the same bolts. It does look different but is easy to figure out with the supplied diagram.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.