need help with rear end numbers

rasmith1

hello is there anyone on here that can please help me id the rears end with these numbers SWDL56, 1CFA5587P3. they are on camelbacks with 8 bolt axles.I was needing to know if they are 38 or 44's.They are from a 70s or 80s model truck and i dont have the vin.So any and all help with be thankful.

hello is there anyone on here that can please help me id the rears end with these numbers SWDL56, 1CFA5587P3. they are on camelbacks with 8 bolt axles.I was needing to know if they are 38 or 44's.They are from a 70s or 80s model truck and i dont have the vin.So any and all help with be thankful.

They are 34,000# with lightweight components, (aluminum).

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Thanks Rob. I called a mack dealer and they told me they was 44s because it didn't have the rubber bushings in the Trunnion cause mine has the cap with grease fitting on it.

It is possible someone has changed out a housing through the years. I have two trucks with SWDL56 rears and they are both 34,000# suspensions with aluminum brake chamber mounts.

Most rears I've seen with the cap and grease zerks are 44,000# or greater.

Hope I've not mislead you.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

thats the thing i have no idea what might have been done to the truck over the years as the guy who built it passed away a few years ago.It a 1970 KW with mack rears that he hauled coal with back in the 70s and 80s.

Back in late 70s early 80s at the old Blue & White truckstop just north of Indianapolis,IN i saw a KW conv. pulling a dump trailer with Mack rears wander if it was the same truck. Ron