Automatic Failure: Volvo's XE13 economy package with Volvo's automatic

You can get extended m-Drive warranties to 750,000 miles, so I think your comments on the reliability probably arent true. I've never heard of major quality issues and I think Volvo has used this transmission for close to ten years. By the way, have you ever driven one or talked to somebody who has used one for a few years or are all your articles based on google searches?

I've noted the extended warranty, and I'd make sure to buy it with any automated manual transmission. The extended warranties don't cover downtime and probably not "wear parts" like clutch linings either, so you'd be on the hook for those expenses. And after 750,000 miles? If your selling, you'll take a bigger depreciation hit as second hand buyers are justifably nervous about automated mechanical transmissions. A road test of a new truck wouldn't prove much, as I have no doubt that it drives like a dream. What I really want to see is one of these transmissions that's survived a million miles or even a million kilometers without major repairs. So far I haven't been able to find one, and if you know of one please let me know. As far as google research, I contacted Volvo media relations before writing this story and they were quite helpful, though we disagree on the durability of automated mechanical transmissions.

we have the same transmisions in the renault trucks here in europe.

the only differens is the software.

we had no major problems with the transmisions.

the only thing was the electronics couse there was to much air presior on the transmision.

renault uses a APM to regulate the air of all the components.

the APM lets to muth pressure to the transmision and the electronics sees that as an fould.

the only transmision we had to chance is the one of a truck they towed without taking the drivechaft of.

we din`d have to change cluthdiscs on the automatic transmsions.

there are trucks (drivers) who mess up the cluthdisc whitin twenty to fifty thousend miles.

so if i had to buy a truck it was a truck with an automatic transmision.

mack4ever.