AMI 370

tuffenuf

Just got 2 know, why this Mack does not have the power it should ? '05 Granite w/ Mack 10 speed, 44K on camelback @ 4:42 ratio and 24.5 rubber. No boost gauge on truck seems I drive around with fuel pedal mashed towards floor, and doesn't seem able to get up and go ? Hate the need to constantly stay near redline. Pyro never above 800, no boost leaks, clean filters, maybe grossed out @ 73K is too much for the pup. Thanks.

Just got 2 know, why this Mack does not have the power it should ? '05 Granite w/ Mack 10 speed, 44K on camelback @ 4:42 ratio and 24.5 rubber. No boost gauge on truck seems I drive around with fuel pedal mashed towards floor, and doesn't seem able to get up and go ? Hate the need to constantly stay near redline. Pyro never above 800, no boost leaks, clean filters, maybe grossed out @ 73K is too much for the pup. Thanks.

4.64 gears or low profile 24.5 tires might help get the RPM/torque curve back on track but I have seen many CV's with this spec and be OK. I would take it to the dealer and have them install the latest Datafiles and software in both ECM's ( step 12B software) and calibrate the throttle pedal, this in some cases can make a big difference. These engine usually do a good job as they have the same torque output rateing as the AI427. EPA made Mack drop the AMI370 only after a couple of years due to being way to dirty. A manual boost pressure guage plumbed into the intake manifold is the best way to tell if the engine is getting full boost ( around 30 psi but I dont have my book close by)