Introduction

CleviteKelly77

:SMOKIE-RT:

Hi all, I just thought I would take a moment and introduce myself.

I'm Kelly and I work for the aftermarket side of the Heavy Duty Engine Parts Business. The company I work for is called Clevite Engine Parts.

So if you are looking for anything or have questions feel free to ask away. I'm also looking to see if there are things that I may be able to help out with as well.

Kelly :SMOKIE-LFT:

:SMOKIE-RT:

Hi all, I just thought I would take a moment and introduce myself.

I'm Kelly and I work for the aftermarket side of the Heavy Duty Engine Parts Business. The company I work for is called Clevite Engine Parts.

So if you are looking for anything or have questions feel free to ask away. I'm also looking to see if there are things that I may be able to help out with as well.

Kelly :SMOKIE-LFT:

Hi Kelly, let me also welcome you to the forum.

It would be great if you could convince the powers that be to reproduce a reasonably priced inframe, and out of frame engine rebuild kits for the non fire ring 673, and 711 diesel Thermodyne series engines so many of us have. Parts are getting increasingly difficult to obtain, especially liners, and piston sets.

Thanks,

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Welcome to BMT! I split the topic so you can have your own intro...

This entire forum would be interested in engine parts for older Mack engines!

bmodel_logo.png
Barry - Watt's Truck Center Parts Manager and BMT Webmaster...1-888-304-MACK

Rob,

Was there a certian 673 or 711 Engine you were looking at? I know this is something we still currently carry on the line. Although we don't currently offer an In-Frame Set for this it might be a possiblility pending the Demand etc. I'm sure as you already know the Mack E7 already is taking up alot of our time with the Mack Engine Line.

If you go here http://www.engineparts.com/pubs_catalogs.asp there is a new catalog for mack that might help you out some.

As for older engine parts, let me know what you are looking for, and I will try and help you out!

Kelly.

Rob,

Was there a certian 673 or 711 Engine you were looking at? I know this is something we still currently carry on the line. Although we don't currently offer an In-Frame Set for this it might be a possiblility pending the Demand etc. I'm sure as you already know the Mack E7 already is taking up alot of our time with the Mack Engine Line.

If you go here http://www.engineparts.com/pubs_catalogs.asp there is a new catalog for mack that might help you out some.

As for older engine parts, let me know what you are looking for, and I will try and help you out!

Kelly.

Hi Kelly, thanks for the reply. I have several Thermodyne series engines, some in trucks, others on the floor, and most could use rebuilding, or "freshening up". They are good stable, and reliable engines, but obtaining parts, (especially cylinder kits) are expensive, and increasingly rare. I'm only referring to the non fire ring engines. I do think there would be enough interest in putting together a complete engine parts package as the B model series of Mack truck seems to be the most desirable to restore and maintain.

I'm sure I'm speaking for the group as a whole and we would appreciate any help you could provide.

Thanks in advance.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Let me do some digging and see if I can come up with anything for you.

This may take me a couple of days so I apologize if it takes a little long for me to get you an answer.

I did some research and found that these are parts that used to be on the line here. As for right now I can't say when, but sometime soon we should have more of an answer to when they may come back on the line.

I will keep you informed to what comes out.

I apologize for the delay.

Kelly B)

I did some research and found that these are parts that used to be on the line here. As for right now I can't say when, but sometime soon we should have more of an answer to when they may come back on the line.

I will keep you informed to what comes out.

I apologize for the delay.

Kelly B)

Appreciate your time Kelly.

Rob