Replacing Fuel Injectors

Iam replacing all 6 injectors on my mack E7 400. Its a 1993 model. The problem is that I don't known the correct way to run the rack when I am finnished. Could anyone help steer me in the right direction?

If you are replacing the injectors why would you want to work with the rack which is internal to the pump?

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Iam replacing all 6 injectors on my mack E7 400. Its a 1993 model. The problem is that I don't known the correct way to run the rack when I am finnished. Could anyone help steer me in the right direction?

There is a small cover center bottom of the fly housing 6 bolt or 2 bolt cover depending on year remove it turn the engine in running rotation and alin the V/S Marks to the center of the peep hole and set the valves in firing order 153624. v/s 1&6 - V/s 5&2 - V/s3-4 Valves rocking on 6 set 1 valves rocking on 2 set 5 and so on!

• Like 1

I am used to working on Detroit 60's and Mercedez's that are in Freightliners. I have never worked on a Mack. So,I unbolted the rocker assembly not realizing that it didnt need to come off. I did not mess with any of the valve adjustments. Can i just retorque the six bolts and everything be ok or do I have to reset the valve adj.Does anyone know the proper torque specs. for thr rocker assembly on the E7 400 1993. After that mistake everything else went smooth. I removed the fuel lines from the side of the head,removed the injector cover, screwed a valve cover bolt into each injector and wiggled them out. If you could help me I would greatly appreciate it.

I am used to working on Detroit 60's and Mercedez's that are in Freightliners. I have never worked on a Mack. So,I unbolted the rocker assembly not realizing that it didnt need to come off. I did not mess with any of the valve adjustments. Can i just retorque the six bolts and everything be ok or do I have to reset the valve adj.Does anyone know the proper torque specs. for thr rocker assembly on the E7 400 1993. After that mistake everything else went smooth. I removed the fuel lines from the side of the head,removed the injector cover, screwed a valve cover bolt into each injector and wiggled them out. If you could help me I would greatly appreciate it.

45- 55 fp torque down chris cross in smaller increments can't hurt to set the valves on an engine that old ! 16 intake 24 exhast!

55 pounds on the injector screw Snug the screw then loosen a bit, then tighten the injection line and then retorque the screw and properly tighten the injection line.This helps aline or seat the line to the injector to prevent leaks.

Good luck