Air Ride Suspension Question

My 98 Mack Ch613 has Eaton rear ends with hendrickson air ride. I had used the measureing device (the plastic hendrickson measureing thing) to measure ride height and it measured ok. but it seems too high. The tractor looks "jacked up" in the rear and the air bags look to be filled to capacity. The ride is rough as hell and with a load on under acceleration the truck vibrates like hell.

Is there any other way to measure it? Like maybe putting a level on the frame rails? It just doesn't seem right regardless of what the plastic gauge tells me.

Need to find the model of air ride you have then check the specs. Frame hight will depend on how the set up was built and where the drive line angles fall into place.. iirc 41" is normal frame hight for pulling van trailers but that is not to say it would not be +/- a few inches with odd specs or changed specs after it was built..???

Where would you measure? At the rear of the frame? I did that and got about 42". I pull a flat and had about 30,000 lbs on that axle group. I lowered the suspension about an inch and a half and the ride was alot better. Im gonna track down the model suspension so i can get the adjustment right. Also the plastic gauge says measure at front axle but some of the tech sheets i looked at from hendrickson looks like they measure at rear axle. which one is correct?

• 1 month later...