Anybody Seen This B Model Floating Around Springfield,il

While stuck in a traffic jam on 55 south today do to an accident. I look up to see a Torquise B model wrecker working. Screwed up on the first pic but got a few as it exited and headed west. Anybody seen this one?

post-8266-0-16210400-1308192115_thumb.jp

post-8266-0-47816800-1308192129_thumb.jp

post-8266-0-68694900-1308192148_thumb.jp

While stuck in a traffic jam on 55 south today do to an accident. I look up to see a Torquise B model wrecker working. Screwed up on the first pic but got a few as it exited and headed west. Anybody seen this one?

I remember them well. Shaffer's has several B series working.

Here are a few I took in March.

http://www.bigmacktrucks.com/index.php?showtopic=18257&st=0&p=74152&fromsearch=1entry74152

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Thats who it was. Not use to seeing a working B much anymore. Got one by the house that hauls a van for Brandsmart. Just caught me by surprise seeing it. It damn sure looked good though.

That one really sounds good too. Has a 237 Mack engine and quadraplex transmission.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

That one really sounds good too. Has a 237 Mack engine and quadraplex transmission.

Rob

Sweet. I never got to hear it. Was to busy drooling and watching traffic. Had some yahoo in a pickup pulling a trailer get into a big truck from what I hear. Got a D9T on going to Az

Sweet. I never got to hear it. Was to busy drooling and watching traffic. Had some yahoo in a pickup pulling a trailer get into a big truck from what I hear. Got a D9T on going to Az

Did you grab the 9 in Morton?

Your photo looks like the exit at S. Grand Ave., (rt. 29), or Clear Lake, (rt. 72).

Rob

Na East Peoria. That was a fiasco. Didn't go out the right exit was on the wrong side of the plant and being permitted a 15'3" made it interesting. So a few turns and a few low over passes we got back on route and shagged ass. Sitting at the last rest area sb on 55 before 270

Na East Peoria. That was a fiasco. Didn't go out the right exit was on the wrong side of the plant and being permitted a 15'3" made it interesting. So a few turns and a few low over passes we got back on route and shagged ass. Sitting at the last rest area sb on 55 before 270

I didn't think they were still shipping from "SS" building. Thought all the tractors either went to Keen's, or Daily Express's yard in Morton before shipment. You get tangled up in E. Peoria it can be a mess when oversize. The tractors are so much larger than they were just a few years ago.

I live about 23 miles west of Peoria. Give a call when you're in the area. 309-219-2070. I always answer the phone, much to my chagrin.

Rob

yeah SS building. Had a bunch of guys there. Daily was running shuttles of 11's to there yard. Keen Who knows what they where doing. Glad it was at cat because they didn't charge to set up the trailer. Keen always does. I hate going to there yards because of the attitudes. I got the number down. I'll see when the next time we come thru there again. I'll let you know.

yeah SS building. Had a bunch of guys there. Daily was running shuttles of 11's to there yard. Keen Who knows what they where doing. Glad it was at cat because they didn't charge to set up the trailer. Keen always does. I hate going to there yards because of the attitudes. I got the number down. I'll see when the next time we come thru there again. I'll let you know.

I know a bunch of the guys from Daily Express. I've painted several cars and trucks belonging to them. I really don't know about Keen Transport other there is a different kind of arrogance prevelant sometimes. They do have a nice little MB Mack tractor I'd like to have....... It's used to shag around the yard.

What kind of trailer you pulling, beam, or pontoon? A D9 usually has the a/c hanging off the back of the cab due to height. Add a ripper, and it really gets heavy.

Rob

I know a bunch of the guys from Daily Express. I've painted several cars and trucks belonging to them. I really don't know about Keen Transport other there is a different kind of arrogance prevelant sometimes. They do have a nice little MB Mack tractor I'd like to have....... It's used to shag around the yard.

What kind of trailer you pulling, beam, or pontoon? A D9 usually has the a/c hanging off the back of the cab due to height. Add a ripper, and it really gets heavy.

Rob

Just a regular lowboy. Wish it was on a beam, would of gotten my height down alot. just got the regular deck.no ac,blade,ripper, just the base,cab,and rops. It's not super heavy but Az is giving me a hard time.

I run Eagan Mn to Indy and I see this wrecker a lot.He did a good job in restoration.

TOWING A "HASSLE FREE ADVANCED EGR" TRUCK (INTERNATIONAL)?????? SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!! :banana:

HOW DO I LOVE TO SEE OLDER TRUCKS TAKING OUT THE NEW ONES.... :thumb::clap:

GET THAT NAVICRAP TRUCK TO SERVICE....THAT :mack1: B-SERIES WILL STILL WORK 'TILL THE END OF THE WORLD.

AND PLEASE TELL FRITO LAY (LAY'S) TO GET MACK TRUCKS IF THEY WANT TO STAY IN BUSINESS.....