Puff Liminter

bobo

Hey can you guys explain how to put a puff limiter bypass switch in a 1989 E9. We have smoke tests up here, so i dont wont to remove the system, just get around it? Is there a advantage, power wise with a bypass? I came along in the VmacI era, so not really skolled in the gaurd. bobo

Hey can you guys explain how to put a puff limiter bypass switch in a 1989 E9. We have smoke tests up here, so i dont wont to remove the system, just get around it? Is there a advantage, power wise with a bypass? I came along in the VmacI era, so not really skolled in the gaurd. bobo

simply put an air switch on the supply line to the limit relay

:SMOKIE-LFT: We put the puff limiter back on my dads about 6 yrs ago so we could E- test it easier, and we put an air switch on the supply line and mounted it up near the firewall. A little secret to E-testing one of those if it smokes that we used was to pull the stall cable out so it will barely pull itself and it will pass with flying colours. Put a clip on it somewhere out of sight if you have to , depends who does you E-test.