Stupid People....

RowdyRebel

Watching the 10:00 news....had a sob story on about the flood...people who live at a campground that got flooded out. They were showing all of these travel trailers and motor homes...every last one of them could have been pulled out behind any pickup truck or driven out under their own power BEFORE they were submerged. One lady was standing outside of a motor home that had a waterline indicating it was just a foot or so away from being TOTALLY submerged...and she was crying about how it was a $100K+ motor home and had all sorts of pictures and personal belongings inside and now it's a total loss.

Well why the f*&% didn't you put the key in the ignition and drive it the f*&% to higher ground?

A home flooding that's permanently attached to a foundation is one thing....even a trailer up on blocks that requires a service to come out and move it leaves me scratching my head, but I would guess the movers have a LOT of people calling them to have trailers moved to higher ground and can't get to all of 'em. But when you...the owner of the RV...can hook up and move it whenever you choose to do so, or can turn the key and drive it whenever you feel the need to....there is NO friggin' excuse to lose a damn thing inside that RV to a friggin' flood.

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

i have little compasion for flood people, i would like to live near the water, but it floods.

they allways act so surprized. you can trust me, it has flooded before and its gona flood again.

if you cant afford a total loss, don't live there......

i have little compasion for flood people, i would like to live near the water, but it floods.

they allways act so surprized. you can trust me, it has flooded before and its gona flood again.

if you cant afford a total loss, don't live there......

I'm behind a levee. I've had water come CLOSE to the house when it rains a bunch in a short period of time. All of the water that falls on my property and the properties around me have to drain across the church parking lot and through a 8" culvert that's been smashed on one end and probably is 1/2 full of sediment. I'm about 10' in elevation above the low-lying areas, and according to my GPS, where my truck parks next to the garage is the same elevation as the road over the top of the levee about 1-2 miles to the East (on the other side of that low lying area) that holds the creek in it's bank. Not sure how that levee compares to the Mississippi River levee about 3-4 miles to the West.

I would imagine, though, if the Mississippi River levee would have broke, I'd have got wet.

Of course if I had enough warning, anything that COULD be moved, would be moved. My house don't have wheels, though. These people that live in their RV's and didn't move them out of harms way....got no sympathy for them.

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!