Fuel Supply Pump Gear?

As I've recently learned it is common for the plastic gear on the fuel pump of an e-tech to spin the middle of it out and then learned that mack smiles when they ask you $260 EXCHANGE for a REBUILT one my question is, " where can i buy a new gear " ? Before any of employees of mack dealerships chime in, I know the textbook answer is " not servicable seperately " as I've been told a dozen times in the last 12 hours. I call bullshit on that one. If these pumps are "REBUILT" and they want my "CORE" someone is gonna fix it. Well I took the gear off my pump and then knocked the brass insert out and punched about 30 or so divets in it with a punch and then mixed me up some JB Quick and smeared around on it and drove the insert back in the plastic gear and let it dry while I ate lunch and then pressed it back on the pump pushing only on the brass insert with a socket and the pump ran the rest of the day perfectly. I dont want to ride around wondering when the JB Quick is gonna give up but I dont want to buy a $260 pump either when all I need is a gear that I know is out there somewhere, where ever these cores are rebuilt. Does anyone have an inside track on how to get a new plastic gear. Hopefully someone on the forum knows someone that will help a brother out and not just gouge us for a whole new pump. Ive searched it every way I can think of on google and came up with no names for pump rebuilders that might point me the right direction for parts. I know the parts counter at mack aint gonna help, all they know is "not servicable seperately". When I asked him why they wanted my old pump if those gears were non existent he said "I dont know" Thanks in advance for all help. I know that this might seem petty to some but I believe in fixing things not just replacing them. If my bearing goes out in my alternator, I put a bearing in it, I dont just run buy a new alternator, know what I mean? I know there are more of you out there like this, lets hear it!!!

If you wanted to blow some money you could probably have a key way cut into the shaft to keep the gear from spinning on the shaft and you could probably have a metal gear manufactured by a machine shop capable of cutting gears. The pump is manufactured by Bosch. You might try checking around here: http://www.turbocompressori.net/, they might have what you're looking for.

"Mebbe I'm too ugly and stupid to give up!"

As I've recently learned it is common for the plastic gear on the fuel pump of an e-tech to spin the middle of it out and then learned that mack smiles when they ask you $260 EXCHANGE for a REBUILT one my question is, " where can i buy a new gear " ? Before any of employees of mack dealerships chime in, I know the textbook answer is " not servicable seperately " as I've been told a dozen times in the last 12 hours. I call bullshit on that one. If these pumps are "REBUILT" and they want my "CORE" someone is gonna fix it. Well I took the gear off my pump and then knocked the brass insert out and punched about 30 or so divets in it with a punch and then mixed me up some JB Quick and smeared around on it and drove the insert back in the plastic gear and let it dry while I ate lunch and then pressed it back on the pump pushing only on the brass insert with a socket and the pump ran the rest of the day perfectly. I dont want to ride around wondering when the JB Quick is gonna give up but I dont want to buy a $260 pump either when all I need is a gear that I know is out there somewhere, where ever these cores are rebuilt. Does anyone have an inside track on how to get a new plastic gear. Hopefully someone on the forum knows someone that will help a brother out and not just gouge us for a whole new pump. Ive searched it every way I can think of on google and came up with no names for pump rebuilders that might point me the right direction for parts. I know the parts counter at mack aint gonna help, all they know is "not servicable seperately". When I asked him why they wanted my old pump if those gears were non existent he said "I dont know" Thanks in advance for all help. I know that this might seem petty to some but I believe in fixing things not just replacing them. If my bearing goes out in my alternator, I put a bearing in it, I dont just run buy a new alternator, know what I mean? I know there are more of you out there like this, lets hear it!!!

I don't see that knowing how something works, and being able, and or willing to repair it yourself, is is either foolish, wasteful, or blowing good money. In the distant past we had to fix stuff. Locally rebuilt parts usually were not worth what they would bring for scrap, and warranty would not pay to replace repairable parts. Bosch doesn't seem to service the gear. Diesel Plus, Ringgold GA. 706 866 3619, can have a new Bosch lift pump delivered to your door for $189.60 plus shipping, no core. Ask for John, if interested

The very first ETECH's had a steel gear on the fuel supply pump, cant remember how it was attached (pinned, key way or set screw). Did enough cam jobs back then to notice the steel gear. They just recently started rebuilding the fuel pumps, threw away no tellin how many over the years. Took one and knocked off the plastic gear and chucked up a drill to the shaft and use it to suck oil out of my boat engine, works but slow.

i understand what your saying..... bosch is the manufacturer of the pump, bosch is most likely the one who will not provide the gear as a replacement part cause of the extra gears they would have to make, i dont know why the hell they put a plastic gear on in the first place, just like the plasitic idler pully.. its a pretty stupid,,