Low End Power

roscoe

Well i'm sure this has been asked many times but here goes.

2003 ch 613 e-7 460p .

This is a logging truck but it has never seen the woods. I run from log yard to log yard delivering loads that don't

make minimum quality grades. So i ran into a off road job to make a few extra bucks and found out that the truck has

will not pull even a slight hill if you stop a try to restart which happens alot because the loge are scattered along the road

and the loader folows behind you to pickup the logs and load the truck.

No matter how much throttle you give it it just wants to stall out. The loader has to give it a push until RPM builds

and the boost comes up. Anything below 1450rpm it is worthless.

Is there a ecu program change that my local dealer can put in or is this the same old b.s. from the factory worrying

about a little smoke or whatever. This has got to be changed the truck is no good with the current set up.

Well i'm sure this has been asked many times but here goes.

2003 ch 613 e-7 460p .

This is a logging truck but it has never seen the woods. I run from log yard to log yard delivering loads that don't

make minimum quality grades. So i ran into a off road job to make a few extra bucks and found out that the truck has

will not pull even a slight hill if you stop a try to restart which happens alot because the loge are scattered along the road

and the loader folows behind you to pickup the logs and load the truck.

No matter how much throttle you give it it just wants to stall out. The loader has to give it a push until RPM builds

and the boost comes up. Anything below 1450rpm it is worthless.

Is there a ecu program change that my local dealer can put in or is this the same old b.s. from the factory worrying

about a little smoke or whatever. This has got to be changed the truck is no good with the current set up.

Whats the last 6 of VIN? Sometimes slapping some 24.5 fullsize tires on a roadtractor speced for low pro 22.5 with high rear gears spells disaster in off road or poor road conditions. I can pull the VIN and see how it was speced and what style engine it came with.

Is the lighting bolt light on? Any heavy smoke? Are your fuel filters good? Check for fuel restriction from fuel tanks to fuel pump? You may need to pull the fuel feed pump off and see if the plastic gear is spinning on the shaft.

The 460P should be producing peak torque at 1200-1500 RPMs. Operating range is 1200-1800 RPMs.

Edited by Truckinjeff

Jeff - The Bulldog Doctor

:mack1: Master Technician

Whats the last 6 of VIN? Sometimes slapping some 24.5 fullsize tires on a roadtractor speced for low pro 22.5 with high rear gears spells disaster in off road or poor road conditions. I can pull the VIN and see how it was speced and what style engine it came with.

The truck has 3:91 gears and 11;24.5 tires. My last truck was very simialr to this one except a manual pump 400

It is kept serviced and runs great from about 1500 up. It just doesn't seem to get the fuel at low rpm.

Iv'e read some posts in a few other forums and it seem to be a common problem with the computer motors.

Is the lighting bolt light on? Any heavy smoke? Are your fuel filters good? Check for fuel restriction from fuel tanks to fuel pump? You may need to pull the fuel feed pump off and see if the plastic gear is spinning on the shaft.

The 460P should be producing peak torque at 1200-1500 RPMs. Operating range is 1200-1800 RPMs.

I have kept the truck serviced and maintained beyond what is even called for.

If you were at 1200 on the flats a pushed it to the floor you would very.very slowly gain rpm.

Once it hits 1550 or so it get a real surge of power and pulls extremely well.

There is no smoke under acceleration and very little when shifting up.

I had the rack run about six months ago which made ie run a little smoother .

Mack in Seattle has a very good computer tech maybe ill see if he can do anything with it.

I'm not getting any blink codes or malfuction lights