Hello Bmt

Trashman

I've been here a couple weeks reading all the posts. I see lots of friends from other trucking forums on here. I'm 40, live in NJ, have a garbage company in Newark and own a few Macks. Within the last year or so, my tastes have changed. I was a Peterbilt fanatic. Couldnt get my butt in anything but a Pete. This summer, I had to drive my 83 Mack DM packer garbage truck for a couple weeks. No A/C, blow-by that would kill a colony of bees, and a stink in the cab that makes you think you're in an oil refinery. I loved it. Since then I've been hunting for just the right Mack. I'm very fond of R-600's and the like, from the 80's. The first truck I ever drove was a 1982 RD Steel butterfly nose. Now it seems I have an itch to get behind the wheel of one. Nice to be here.

Hi Trashman,

Welcome to our world of Old Macks! You description of the old Mack DM was great, most of us like the smell, feel and the whole experience of the old Macks. Nothing wrong with a new work truck but it just isn't the same as DRIVING a real truck!

Welcome,again and good luck finding the R model.

Firemack