Old Advertisements

rhasler

I found an old Farm Journal magazine about 20-25 years ago in an old house that was used to store hay and feed in. The magazine was dated either 1966 or '67. There was a sweepstakes in it sponsored by Ford Motor Co. and the grand prize was a new Ford tractor, a 3000 model I think but i'm not sure, a new Ford pickup, and a new Ford station wagon-not one, but all three! Or you could take $10,000 cash. Things have really gone up since then, now a good used truck, car,or tractor is that much for any one of the three. I gave the magazine to my brother, don't know if he's still got it.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

I didn't notice it before, but in the Allis Chalmers ad it looks like the 3rd drawing has a Mack AC dump truck in it.

I biggerized it to look closer. Don't know if there's an AC Mack, but one does appear to be Rob at an early job, long before he joined the Navy and went on to become a radar technicion.

• Like 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

I biggerized it to look closer. Don't know if there's an AC Mack, but one does appear to be Rob at an early job, long before he joined the Navy and went on to become a radar technicion.

Yup, it took the Navy to make me one "fart smeller"; (oh hold on there, that's "smart feller").

Only thing I learnt in the Navy was how to spell radar both forward and backward. That is after I struggled with "SOS" for a few months.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.