New Life

pcbfirewmtc

On a recent trip to a fire apparatus plant in Wisconsin; I found old iron getting a new lease on life. This CF-600 Mack Baker Aerialscope was under reconstruction. They had removed the boom and bucket for a complete rehab of the aerial. Some fire departments are finding it more cost effective to rehab trucks that were built so well in the first place. The only problem was the bulldog was missing from below the windshield.

:MackLogo:

post-933-1166236115_thumb.jpgpost-933-1166236159_thumb.jpgpost-933-1166236196_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

That Tower Ladder is from a vollie house near me. They bought it used from another dept. Heard they were gonna get rid of it.

Some ppl there complained it was too slow on response because of the hills in the area.

At least they are keeping it on the Mack Chassis. Kills me to see a tower ladder boom taken off a Mack and put on another chassis.

Maybe we can have a telethon and buy them a bulldog........ :)

If it ain't a Mack, it ain't Jack!!!!!! :)

if you are ever traveling inbetween Chicago and Milwaukee on I-94, take a look on the east side of the highway just 10 miles north of the Wisconson border. there are a few CFD pumpers sitting inthe backof a used (abused) truck yard just waiting for a ride home or to be fully parted out.

not in the best conditions but worth stopping for a look