R Model Start Up

Mackr76

Just trying to get some direction on a miss in engine on start up.truck has a 237 turbo engine. Truck starts and shortly after developed a miss and seems to be on no 2

After short time of puttering, clears up and runs good.

Does blow white smoke whilst doing this and when driving for a short period. Any ideas where to start greatly appreciated

Just trying to get some direction on a miss in engine on start up.truck has a 237 turbo engine. Truck starts and shortly after developed a miss and seems to be on no 2

After short time of puttering, clears up and runs good.

Does blow white smoke whilst doing this and when driving for a short period. Any ideas where to start greatly appreciated

Your injectors are suspect. I'd pull them and send into the fuel shop for calibration/rebuild.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Your injectors are suspect. I'd pull them and send into the fuel shop for calibration/rebuild.

Rob

Hi Rob Have tried previous to remove injectors but with not much success

They seem to be stuck in the head solid got 2 out of 6 free any hints?

Thanks Joe

Hi Rob Have tried previous to remove injectors but with not much success

They seem to be stuck in the head solid got 2 out of 6 free any hints?

Thanks Joe

Hi Joe, someplace within the last month on this site there was a thread going about a gent that had stuck injectors in his DM series truck. There are special tools out there available to force them out but I would soak the injector hole cavity with a penetrant oil for a couple of days to possibly loosen them. When reinstalling injectors be certain to coat the outer body with an anti seize paste prior to installation so they don't do it again possibly.

Here's a quick link to get you started. There are about three threads pertaining to this gents problem, and solution.

http://www.bigmacktrucks.com/index.php?showtopic=17304&st=0&p=70649&fromsearch=1entry70649

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Hi Joe, someplace within the last month on this site there was a thread going about a gent that had stuck injectors in his DM series truck. There are special tools out there available to force them out but I would soak the injector hole cavity with a penetrant oil for a couple of days to possibly loosen them. When reinstalling injectors be certain to coat the outer body with an anti seize paste prior to installation so they don't do it again possibly.

Here's a quick link to get you started. There are about three threads pertaining to this gents problem, and solution.

http://www.bigmacktrucks.com/index.php?showtopic=17304&st=0&p=70649&fromsearch=1entry70649

Rob

Thanks Rob, very helpful I thought about loosining the nuts a bit but was'nt quite game.

That pulley thats pictured looks good but not quite sure how it operates.Thanks again