Still More Pictures Of The Week

other dog

I've been all around since last Sunday. I went to Orchard Park and came back to Rural Hall, N.C. with 3 packs of particle board. Then I left Wednesday with a load of beams going to Fort Worth (that's somewhere in Texas) and picked up some light poles there going to a baseball stadium in Reading, Pa.

I ran out of hours on the way back and spent Sunday laying over in Alabama so I didn't unload the light poles until Tuesday. Then I had to go to the Jefferson memorial in Washington D.C. to pick up some used piling and bring it back to Concord. Had to blindside into a narrow construction entrance off a narrow street, then around the ess curve,through the obstacle course,and up to the crane. Had to back up to the smaller one with the yellow boom after they moved the big one over just a tad.

Thought i'd be done when I got to the shop, but noooooo, had to go to Lynchburg and get a load going to Greenville,S.C.

The load was already loaded and tarped, sitting outside. Had 3 tarps on it. Only problem was it wasn't chained down, so I had to pull all 3 tarps off,chain the load down,then fold all 3 tarps back up and retarp it. It was 10 o'clock by the time I left Lynchburg.

Unload in Greenville the next morning, then go about 5 miles to pick up a load going to Richmond-mostly expanded metal,with some cat walk and other stuff included. Had more sharp points than a porcupine. Tried to tarp it in a 64.3 mph. wind, but after the tarp had blown off for the third time I was so pissed off that I went in and told them "if i've got to tarp this you can unload it, because I can not tarp it in this wind". So then they said to back it back inside, which I did. The other tarp, which I had up on top and hadn't even started to unfold, blew off when I was backing in the door.

So I got it tarped without further difficulty and headed to Richmond. Got there yesterday morning and about the time I got the tarps off on the ground and the chains and straps off it started pouring down rain. So they said "you're gonna have to back it inside-back in door no. 2".

So I back into door no. 2 and go out into the rain and fold up 3 wet tarps in the parking lot, getting soaked in the process.

By the time I was unloaded and left the sun was shining again.

I saw this on I-40 in Nashville-

These old trucks in Arkansas-

Big horned cow in Texas-missed the camels and buffaloes,all I got a picture of were cows.

Saw a load of bees in La. Driver brought them from Ca. and was going to Fl.

Mini-fridge at the motel in Al.

Sniffer dog at the Jefferson memorial.

The pentagon.

Road I backed in to load.

Jefferson memorial.

Washington monument across the water.I went up the street over there after I was loaded.Had to take a long way out because of several low underpasses.

The crane

Where I got loaded from the other side of that ocean-

Why I hate northern Va.

The load I picked up in Greenville.

Got 2 sniffer dog pictures...don't pay any attention to this one,just ignore it.

• Like 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Tom,

Glad your back in one piece. I was on the way to the airport (John Tune)and had to investigate this truck, and got to talk to the owner. Very interesting history of the old boy.

mike

Looks like you're finding lots of old truck treasures down there Mike!

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.