2005 Granite Power ?

I bought this 2005 granite dump truck last year around this time. I need help this truck is so freakin slow, i live up in pa where its really hilly. The truck gets past by everything and when im running by the ton it kills me. I talk to the mack shop manenger and he told me its the way mack setup up there emmissions. Is there any thing i can do ?

last six vin is 168750 , it has 12 24.5 but im gonna switch to 11r 24.5 , the axles ratio is 4.56 , the trans is 8LL, its tuned to a 400, its a triaxle, also i service the truck very often change the fuel filters, change the oil and air filter.

That VIN doesn't show up for any Mack ever built. On ever CV I have ever seen the last 6 of the vin starts with a 0. Does the dash have a manifold pressure ( turbo boost)guage in the upper left hand side of the dash? If so what does it read under a load? Spec is 28 to 36 psi. My friend has a CV713 with a 427, 4.42 gears, 11r24.5 tires and an 8LL trans and it runs great. With your gear ratio it should be good. Recheck the vin and see if its correct.

bump

Sorry for the delay, Your truck needs the step 12 B software updates, look for some past threads about low power on Granites and it will explain it all. Also get the valves adjusted and have the rocker arm hold down bolts replaced ( very important!!!!!!!). A check of fuel supply pressure would be good also. A good pressure testing of the aftercooler and intake system would be next, then a test drive with a manual pressure guage hooked up to check actual boost pressure and see if it's in spec. Tire size, gears and trans (your build record says it has a mack T310M trans)all seem they should work together well. Your 400 HP might be alittle weak as most but not all guys here run 427 or 460's. We have some 400 HP CV's around here and there not really being blow away by the 427 & 460's. It could be bumped to a 427 with a download and turbo and injectors. I do alot of HP coversions at our dealership. For some year models the EPA wont Mack turn the existing AI engines up past 427. 460 would be nice. Who ever does your peograming need to check and make sure the tire size and gear ratio are all enter correctly in the ECM's and all other parameters are set wide open. Also make sure your engine fan is not locked in all the time and it will pull 30-50 HP.

thanks , a buddy of mine told me about pdq , any opinion,?http://www.pdqperformance.com/category-s/286.htm

I have seen the Blixton boxes on 92-98 Macks (before ETECH/ASET style engines) with decent results but haven't heard anyone runnin the newer style box. www.rochesterfuel.com had a good listing of Mack performance injectors ( stage 1,2 and 3)at very good prices but they are updating their website now. Their performance injectors were cheaper than our cost on Mack injectors. I called and spoke to thwm months ago and they really knew their stuff.