Midland Farms, R700 In Upstate Ny?

was getting off I90 (thruway) about 2 months ago and spotted a two tone green R700 pulling for Midland Farms coming off the northway(I87) anyone seen this truck around or know what year it is? suprised to see it still running but then again ive seen Midland farms running a lot of older really beat Macks. this one actually looked pretty nice tho, even had dual stacks. thanks, Matt

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

was getting off I90 (thruway) about 2 months ago and spotted a two tone green R700 pulling for Midland Farms coming off the northway(I87) anyone seen this truck around or know what year it is? suprised to see it still running but then again ive seen Midland farms running a lot of older really beat Macks. this one actually looked pretty nice tho, even had dual stacks. thanks, Matt

I got stuck in Albany for 36 hrs. last year and spent some quality time at the Plaza 23 truckstop there. The owner of midland Farms also owns the truckstop, as well as the green RL-700. I got up close and personal with that truck, originally a V-8 Mack according to the serial number, but repowered with a Detroit 8V92. As I recall, the current owner got it as is not too long ago and thoroughly enjoys it. I remember seeing this truck advertised for sale several years ago; It was formerly a log truck in the Pacific Northwest, and the current owner corroborates this.

Gregg