Ch / Superliner Air Ride Cab Bags

Trent, If your R didn't come with cab air ride you will need to remove the braces that run from the cab to radiator and replace them with the ones that run from the radiator down to the frame. You may also need to change the hood rest to rollers.

• Like 1

Your correct David.

I will have the braces ready to install after a few mods are made so they clear everthing. I also need to weld tabs to the radiator cage to accept the braces. I will be useing R model braces with the rubbers to soften the shock. the upper "X brace and hood rest bump rubbers will be removed and rollers installed. Hood already has the channels for the rollers to ride in. Really not to big of a swap. was just waiting to find afordable used Mack parts for the job.

This Truck really rides hard bob tail or loaded. Harder than most R models I have driven. Its got a 206" WB but likes to buck over small bumps. Hopefully the air ride cab will sofen that. All the superliners I drove with camelbacks rode pretty good bob tail with the big single bag. With a trailer I thought they rode very well and still gave a positive feel to the truck.

Your correct David.

I will have the braces ready to install after a few mods are made so they clear everthing. I also need to weld tabs to the radiator cage to accept the braces. I will be useing R model braces with the rubbers to soften the shock. the upper "X brace and hood rest bump rubbers will be removed and rollers installed. Hood already has the channels for the rollers to ride in. Really not to big of a swap. was just waiting to find afordable used Mack parts for the job.

This Truck really rides hard bob tail or loaded. Harder than most R models I have driven. Its got a 206" WB but likes to buck over small bumps. Hopefully the air ride cab will sofen that. All the superliners I drove with camelbacks rode pretty good bob tail with the big single bag. With a trailer I thought they rode very well and still gave a positive feel to the truck.

Trent,i think you will see a noted improvement in your ride when you get the swap complete,i have a buddy up in jersey that runs an R-model/camelback pulling a frameless dump,he wanted to add air-ride to his cab,but the first time he went with some cheap aftermarket set-up,shook it to pieces within a few months! then we did basically what you're doing now,and it worked out really well for him.Just make sure keep a good eye on things during the "shakedown".........Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.